High School Curriculum
The High School Student Team and Curriculum
The online high school program at iQ Academy Minnesota helps teens identify their goals and chart their own paths, whether to college, a vocational program, or the workforce. To support this, we provide:
- A team of subject-specific teachers and school counselors who create and continually monitor your student's Individualized Learning Plan (ILP). The ILP and student team help guide your student to post-high school success.
- A catalog of more than 150 courses that offers math, English, science, and history courses in multiple levels - Core, Comprehensive, and Honors - to meet the needs of diverse learners. Students can also take up to four years of a world language.
- A broad choice of career-oriented electives for students to explore their interests and start planning their future.
High School Course List
For the full line-up of K12 courses or to download the catalog, visit the online high school course list.*
* Note: iQ Academy does not offer all classes listed by K12. Once enrolled, the assigned Guidance Counselor will provide current information on iQ Academy course offerings.
Teacher Support and Instruction
Minnesota-licensed high school teachers are subject matter experts in their field. They instruct students in live, online ClassConnect sessions, and are available to help with coursework and answer questions online, over the phone, and in threaded discussions on student assignments. Students also participate with each other in teacher-monitored online discussions.
College and Career Preparation
As part of the iQ Academy high school experience, students work with counselors and have access to a variety of tools and programs to help them chart a path to post-secondary success:
- Counselors help students define their post-secondary goals and develop a personalized plan using Pathfinder. This college and career planning tool helps students navigate through course selection, national tests, applications, job searches, or whatever they need to support their aspirations.
- Students and parents can attend college and career planning workshops. These online workshops provide a comprehensive approach to preparing for and applying to college, as well as exposure to career industry professionals.